What is Green Flash? A gel polish without the drawbacks, formulated with natural-origin ingredients and that can be removed like a regular nail lacquer. The finish is super shiny and stays that way. No more plastic effect, it is as thin as a nail lacquer.
What is left out? The Green Flash nail polish is formulated without sensitising Monomer or Hydroquinone. Instead it uses Oligomers with a greater molecular mass, which does not penetrate the nail or skin. What is a Monomer? Acrylic or methacrylic Monomers belong to a family of ingredients that polymerise under LED lamp. They present a risk of contact sensitisation, which can lead to allergic reactions or breathing problems (asthma). What are Hydroquinones? Hydroquinones act as inhibitors, which means they prevent the gel polish from spontaneously catalysing inside the bottle. These hydroquinones are listed as CMR (carcinogenic, mutagenic or toxic for reproduction).
What 9 ingredients is it free from?: It is made without toluene, DBP, camphor, xylen, formaldehyde (the compound and the resin), ethyl tosylamide, triphenyl phosphate (TPHP), benzophenone 1&2 and styrene.
Can the regular Green Nail Polish and Green Flash be mixed? No, each range and formula is unique and made up of different ingredients so they can never be mixed.
How do you cap the nail? Once the product is on, carefully pass the brush over the edge of the nail, without adding more product beforehand.
Should pregnant women use the Green Flash? Pregnant women should avoid all types of nail polish, however the Manucurist range of products both Green and Green Flash are green and clean and do not contain any endocrine disrupters, monomers and hydroquinone.
Can the Green Flash be use without the LED lamp? No, the Green Flash products need the led lamp to set and cure the colour. If another lamp is used it must have the minimum power of 18W.
How to use
The 3 Step Application process:
- Prepare your nails as usual for a manicure - cuticle removal, nail shaping etc
- Degrease the nails with an Acetone-Free nail polish remover such as the Green Flash Remover
- Apply the Green Flash Base Coat in thin layers and seal in the free edge of the nail
- Place nails under the LED lamp for 1 minute under the 36W setting or 2 minutes under the 18W setting
- Apply two coats of Green Flash Nail Colour in thin coats and cap the free edge of the nail. Place nails under the LED lamp for each coat to dry with the time settings as above.
- Apply the Green Flash Top Coat and cap the free edge of the nail.
- Place nails under the LED lamp for the final coat to dry with the time settings as above
- The whole process should take around 20 minutes in total
Removing the Green Flash
- Soak the Green Flash Remover in a wrap or cotton pad, place over the nail and affix the clip.
- Leave the nail absorbing the remover for 2 minutes, then massage to remove further polish.
- Soak a cotton pad with more remover and use to clear nail of all polish
Base coat: Alcohol denat., shellac, bis-HEMA poly (1,4-butanediol) -9 / IPDI copolymer, ethyl trimethylbenzoyl, phenylphosphinate - Bio-sourced at 84%
Top coat: Ethyl acetate, butyl acetate, acrylates copolymer, HEA / IPDI isocyanurate trimer / polycaprolactone diol copolymer, nitrocellulose, acetyl tributyl citrate, tris-HEA IPDI isocyanurate trimer, adipic acid / neopentyl glycol / trimellitic anhydride copolymer, hydroxyethyl PP-15 acrylate / IPDI / 15 glyceryl ether copolymer, isopropyl alcohol, ethyl trimethylbenzoyl phenylphosphinate, CI 60725 (violet 2) - Bio-sourced at 60.5%
Remover: Ethyl acetat, alcohol denat., ricinus communis seed oil, parfum, etocrylene, butyl acetate, CI CI 61565, CI 47000 - Bio-sourced at 97%
Green Flash Nail Polish
Dark Pansy - Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Butyl Acetate, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/IPDI/PPG-15 Glyceryl Ether Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Bis-HEMA Poly(1,4-Butanediol)-9/IPDI Copolymer, Ethyl Trimethylbenzoyl Phenylphosphinate, CI 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Stearalkonium Bentonite, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Diacetone Alcohol, Silica, BHT, Phosphoric Acid, CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide)
Bio-Sourced At 49.5%